Yes, we know it is quite problematic when you try to choose accessories for your baby even though it is as simple as child convertible car seats. In taking this big decision about what will be the best for your child, you have to foresee a lot of features before you make a decision. These seats can last for years so always make the first choice the right choice.
Before writing this article, we had surveyed a myriad of parents asking about their opinions which led us to write Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard because almost everybody preferred these.
- 0.1 What is a Convertible Car Seat?
- 0.2 Britax Marathon
- 0.3 Boulevard
- 0.4 A comparison table for Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard convertible seats
- 1 Buying Guide: Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard
- 2 Conclusion:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a Convertible Car Seat?
First of all, we have to address this question so that everything is clear to you. A convertible car seat is a seat that can be fixed in your car and its size can be adjusted according to your child’s size. These seats can make your journey and your child’s journey comfortable and feasible.
Now, if we do a comparison between Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard, then you will find out that both convertible child safety seats are among the best of the best and these can be installed in either direction.
So, we started this article, ‘Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard’, with Britax Marathon and according to our experience and research, we can consider this seat as one great car seat. Although we have noticed that this seat is a bit expensive, most parents have an opinion that the money spent on Britax Marathon is worth the benefit.
Britax Marathon is designed in a way that allows your baby to sit comfortably in the seat. Not only this, but Britax Marathon also has a set of built-in features that allow plenty of convincing for you and it can be used both, front and rear side so you do not need to worry about space as well! Its side protection is designed to protect your toddler from crashes as well. Now, let us discuss some pros and cons of this seat.
- The harness straps of this Britax Marathon seat do not twist keeping your baby always safe.
- There are built-in lock-offs in the seat for seat belt installations.
- You might even see push-button Latch connectors which will keep your child secure.
- Britax Marathon also has a forward-facing and rear-facing tether.
- Some people have complained that covers of Britax Marathon usually fray easily.
- The weight of this car seat is too much hence you can consider it as heavy.
- It may be difficult to install this seat in a rear-facing position in smaller cars because this convertible seat is quite large.
- Toddlers may easily figure out how to release the straps of the harness and loosen their straps.
This Boulevard child seat is the most suitable convertible car seat for your growing child and you can install this seat in your car without any worries. There are some simple steps that you would need to follow. They are open, buckle, and click it close.
This seat provides your child with the best recline feature and side protection which is 2 layers thick and saves your child’s neck, torso, and head from impact. This seat from ‘Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard’ article is the best seat if you want to travel carefree when considering the protection of your child.
- This convertible seat has chest pads and SafeCell which provides resistance to forced movements during any crashes.
- This Boulevard convertible seat even has side impact protection which uses energy-absorbing foam. This minimizes injury.
- The EZ Buckle system of this seat allows you to place your child easily without any difficulty.
- Installation of this Boulevard seat is easy because of a LATCH system.
- This seat can be used both as rear and front-facing ways.
- This Boulevard seat is made up of SafeCell technology.
- The anchors which are attached at the top of the seat slows down the sudden movements.
- This Boulevard car seat is quite wider when compared to other car seats hence not a good fit for compact cars.
- This seat is heavy, almost 19.5 pounds.
A comparison table for Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard convertible seats
|Minimum weight recommendation||5 Pounds||5 Pounds|
|Maximum weight recommendation||65 Pounds||65 Pounds|
|Item Weight||27 Pounds||29.3 Pounds|
|Forward-facing maximum child weight||65 Pounds||65 Pounds|
As now you have read the details about these convertible seats in the article of Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard, it might be easy for you to select between both. If not, then we have even written a buying guide for you which you can further read and opt for the best convertible seats.
Buying Guide: Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard
Some general comparison details between both seats:
- Boulevard is equipped with a second layer to avoid side-impact while Britax Marathon has only one such layer
- There are four different patterns of Boulevard while Britax Marathon has only one
- Boulevard is even more spacious with 13.7 inches when compared to 11.75 inches Britax Marathon
Now in-depth comparison!
Choices of Colors:
If you are a parent who wants a good looking car seat then both of these seats will do that job as they come in a variety of colors.
For the Britax Marathon, there are almost 8 options of colors. They are Vue (Black), Verve (A combination of Black and medium grey), Asthon (A mix of light grey and black), Bubbles (Black with dark patterns of bubbles), Tempo (White striped pattern on black), Ollie (Black with grey patterns of dots), Cowmooflage ( black and white), and oasis (Light blue and black).
For Boulevard, there are 6 color options. These colors are circa (which is black), Gray (A mix of black and dark grey), Trek (a combination of light grey and black), vector (Colorful pattern on the black seat), Poole (Black and light blue), and Westin (Medium grey and black).
If we do a comparison of installation between Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard, then we will find that both have similar installation methods. The installation system of both is called ClickTight and this installation system is quick, simple, easy, and reliable.
Features of the Seats:
The primary difference between both seats is their harness system; Britax Marathon lacks the Click and Safe Snug indicator and only contains 12 positions for harness. While, on the other hand, the harness system of Boulevard comes with 14 harnessing positions.
Heights and Weights Limits:
A person always considers this feature so that the seat which he or she purchases may fit in his or her car. So, in this article of comparison between Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard, you will find that both seats have almost the same heights and weights.
When your child is small and less heavy, then you can use the rear-facing feature of these seats while when your child grows, you can shift to the front-facing feature of these seats which can accommodate more weight.
As now you have gone through the entire article and have read about each and every detail thoroughly, you might easily select the right seat for your child. The right decision at the right time always saves money and life. We hope that this article on Britax Marathon Vs Boulevard was useful to you and has solved all your answers and queries. If you have any further queries, you can jump to our FAQs section where your questions are answered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Britax Marathon or Boulevard Better?
Well, both of these seats are quite wonderful but our votes go to Boulevard because of its enhanced safety.
What is the difference between Britax Marathon, Boulevard, and Advocate?
The only main difference between these is that the Advocate has three layers of side protection while Boulevard and Marathon have fewer layers.
How long is a Britax Boulevard Car Seat Good for?
It is officially sad that this Britax Boulevard seat has a service life of 6 years but if you use it with care and clean it properly, you can use this seat for a longer time.